Taking care of baby's skin is essential and even more so when it shows sensitivity or atopy. The choice of shower gel and shampoo is therefore of great importance to avoid any irritation or allergic reaction . Discover our advice on the ideal frequency for bathing your baby and the best practices to adopt. Téane Laboratories reveal their bath routine with the care oil and gentle cleansing duo as well as their emollient cream. Natural care free of chemical ingredients that preserves the skin of toddlers.
How often should you bathe your baby?
Does your baby have atopic skin? To avoid further drying out your fragile skin, you should adjust the frequency of washing. Thus, it is recommended to limit baths to 3 times a week.
On days when you are not bathing your child, you can only clean the necessary areas with a soft cloth and lukewarm water. You then maintain adequate hygiene while preserving the dryness of the skin.
How to wash and dry your baby?
To wash your baby and protect his atopic skin , here are our tips:
- Use a shower gel specially formulated for sensitive skin
- Avoid cosmetics that contain artificial fragrances and colors to limit irritation
- Prefer lukewarm water, as hot water dries out the skin.
- Limit the duration of the bath between 5 and 10 minutes
- Gently dry your baby by patting, not rubbing
- Use a soft and absorbent towel made of microfiber or bamboo fiber, for example
- Wash your towels and gloves with a mild, natural detergent that contains as few irritants as possible
Beware of irritating and allergenic substances
Some ingredients in shower gels and shampoos can make your baby's atopic skin more sensitive . Among them, we find in particular:
- Sulfates like sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS): an aggressive foaming agent
- Parabens: potentially irritating preservatives
- artificial fragrances
Considered endocrine disruptors, it is best to avoid these products and opt for a shower gel and shampoo specially formulated for sensitive and atopic skin.
Focus on natural products
When it comes to taking care of your baby's atopic skin, natural products are the best solution . They are usually formulated with gentle, soothing ingredients like oils and botanicals that help nourish and soothe your baby's skin, minimizing the risk of irritation and allergy.
La Douceur Lavante, the ideal shower gel for atopic skin
Specialists in the fragile skin of toddlers and mothers, Laboratoires Téane have created a special bath routine that takes care of your baby with natural bath products dedicated to dry, sensitive skin with atopic tendency.
- Our bath duo : a care oil to apply before bathing and gentle cleansing to gently cleanse the body and hair
- Our face and body emollient cream : a care cream to apply to your child's skin after bathing. It treats and relieves atopic skin and eczema!
Natural and certified organic products that are free of irritants to allow you to preserve your baby's skin health!