The first trimester of pregnancy is synonymous with big changes. Even if from the outside, the installation of baby is not yet perceptible, your body is however in full evolution. A crucial trimester in the development of the future baby which is often accompanied by typical symptoms in the future mother. 13 weeks during which the pregnant woman must take certain precautions, carry out several examinations and begin the first administrative procedures. The first trimester of pregnancy is also the time to adopt a good routine in terms of food and care . Téane Laboratories have notably developed an anti-stretch mark routine for the 1st trimester. It offers you a real moment of comfort and prepares your body to experience its transformation serenely!
What are the milestones of the first trimester?
The first trimester of pregnancy lasts 13 weeks, or 284 days. This first stage is accompanied by emotions and sometimes more or less marked symptoms. But, it is above all an intense period during which the future baby experiences an incredible expansion.
From embryo to fetus
During the first 13 weeks of pregnancy , your body witnesses an incredible adventure! That of the installation of an egg which will become an embryo and then a fetus. In just a few weeks, your future baby will go through important stages in its development :
- Between the first week and the 5ᵉ week of pregnancy : you will experience ovulation, fertilization and implantation of one or more eggs in the event of a twin or multiple pregnancy
- 6th week of pregnancy : the embryo looks like a small bean and its heart begins to beat
- Between the 7ᵉ and the 13ᵉ week of pregnancy : the first organs take shape
- End of the 1st trimester of pregnancy : the fetus measures approximately 85 mm and weighs 45 g
During the first official ultrasound, at 3 months of pregnancy , the fetus is now clearly visible. Future parents thus discover their future baby with its head, legs and arms. His features are even beginning to be noticeable revealing certain facial expressions. You may be lucky enough to observe your future offspring sucking their thumb!
Symptoms of the future mother
Fatigue, nausea , constipation, constant urge to urinate, this first trimester of pregnancy is accompanied by many symptoms in the future mother. In question, the very important hormonal changes at the very beginning of pregnancy!
It is also a great emotional upheaval leading the future mother to experience a real emotional lift. If you go from laughing to crying, don't worry, these mood swings are completely normal.
In addition to these symptoms, which are very common in pregnant women, some may experience pain and bleeding. Lower abdominal pain is quite common during the first trimester : abdominal cramps, tightness, etc. In some cases, it is possible to observe small bleeding which corresponds to the period of nidation of the egg. Even if most of these symptoms are not serious, we advise you to consult a medical opinion to check that everything is going well.
What are the steps to take at the beginning of your pregnancy?
After the discovery of your pregnancy , several administrative procedures are mandatory. A schedule must be respected during the first trimester:
- Your medical examinations : as soon as you discover your pregnancy, you must make an appointment with your gynecologist or your midwife for your first pregnancy consultation. A complete check-up to assess your state of health and carry out an initial blood test. A dating ultrasound is also performed to determine the exact date of the start of pregnancy, assess your due date and schedule future ultrasounds.
- The choice of maternity : it is advisable to make your choice as soon as possible
- Administrative procedures for the first trimester of pregnancy : you must notify your CPAM (Primary Health Insurance Fund) before your 12th week of pregnancy. The file to be completed is given to you during your first appointment with your gynecologist or your midwife.
Good to know : concerning your employer, the law does not impose a deadline. However, it is essential to warn early enough so that your company is organized and to benefit from the advantages provided if necessary (some companies arrange the schedules, assign times for medical appointments, etc.). As a general rule, expectant mothers wait for the ultrasound of the 3rd month of pregnancy to inform their employers.
How to take care of your health during the 1st trimester of pregnancy?
In order to take care of your baby and yourself, it is essential to adopt a healthy lifestyle . The future mother must be very vigilant about the substances (cosmetics, drugs) she uses in order to avoid certain diseases and malformations.
In addition to alcohol and tobacco, which are to be avoided, other elements of daily life must be avoided or moderated:
- Reduce your intake of stimulants such as coffee and tea
- Pay attention to your pregnant woman's diet and certain foods such as raw meat, raw milk cheese, smoked and raw fish, soy: they can carry infectious agents responsible for listeriosis or toxoplasmosis. Very serious diseases for the fetus.
- Practice appropriate physical activity: sport helps you manage your weight gain, avoid back pain and stay in shape
Beyond these recommendations, it is also crucial to take care of your skin, from the first trimester of pregnancy . Your body will experience great changes with weight gain and distention of your skin. The earlier you apply the treatments, the more your skin will be resistant and prepared. The right gestures can effectively fight against stretch marks and tightness of the skin.
Throughout your pregnancy, you must avoid all harmful substances such as endocrine disruptors that cross the placental barrier. For this, always use natural and non-irritating cosmetics .
It is with this in mind that Laboratoires Téane, specialists in the fragile skin of mothers and babies, have developed a complete anti-stretch mark range.
- The first trimester anti-stretch mark routine with the 1st stretch mark care cream morning and evening: it protects your skin from the start of your pregnancy by boosting collagen production.
- The routine for the 2nd trimester of pregnancy: it combines the application of the 1st stretch marks care cream with the Soothing Generous Oil which is applied morning and evening to nourish and soften your skin. It helps to reduce itching sensations
Continue thisanti-stretch mark routine during your 3rd trimester of pregnancy and consider continuing the care after your delivery. The Téane Laboratories are 100% natural and certified organic products to take care of your body throughout your pregnancy.