After the joy of hearing the good news of being pregnant, the little inconveniences happen faster than you think! Nausea, pain in the lower abdomen, swollen and tense breasts or fatigue are classic symptoms of pregnant women. But why don't we often hear about other pregnancy symptoms ? Like tight or even itchy skin... Just as important and potentially bothersome as the others, they deserve to be highlighted so that every woman has all the cards in hand to live her pregnancy as peacefully as possible! We are talking to you today about itching during pregnancy and we are presenting the Certified Organic Soothing Generous Oil to reduce these inconveniences. Why is it possible to have it? How to appease them? When to consult? Follow us to know everything!
- Why do I have itching during pregnancy?
- Where can the skin scratch during pregnancy?
- How to relieve itchy skin during pregnancy?
- Generous Soothing Oil relieves pregnancy itching
- Cholestasis of pregnancy, quesaco?
Why do I have itching during pregnancy?
Itching during pregnancy is due to hormonal changes . And yes, still them! From the start of your pregnancy, even before you know you are pregnant, your body is preparing to receive and create life. Let it be said, it requires a lot of work, hence the intense fatigue that some mothers can feel at the start of their pregnancy. Hormonal variations are the only ones responsible for all the small inconveniences possible at the start of pregnancy, including itching!
But then, concretely, what happens to cause the skin to itch ? Well, first of all, the blood flow is greater during pregnancy. Between 5 WA and 9 WA (weeks of amenorrhea), the blood volume continues to grow to finally be 40% higher at the end of pregnancy! Then, the pregnant woman experiences a slowdown in her microcirculation, which makes her skin more fragile. Not to mention that the skin will not stop stretching to make room for the future baby and that hormones also cause skin dryness ...
All of these aspects can lead to discomfort in the skin: dry area bordering on eczema, tightness, rash of dry skin, etc. In short, the skin is itchy and not at all comfortable!
As long as this itching is bearable and subsides following the application of moisturizer , there is no point in worrying. On the other hand, if you scratch constantly, your skin remains irritated and dry despite the lotions and you have trouble sleeping because your skin is itchy, consult your gynecologist. Indeed, it may be cholestasis of pregnancy . We will tell you about it at the end of this article!
Where can the skin scratch during pregnancy?
Most of the time the skin will scratch in the stretching areas :
- The belly
These stretching areas are also those in which stretch marks are most likely to appear!
How to relieve itchy skin during pregnancy?
To relieve itching during pregnancy , the future mother must set up a good moisturizing routine!
- First, take lukewarm showers or baths ! Water that is too hot or too cold can attack the skin, which is already fragile. If you live in a city where the water is very hard, you can coat yourself in oil before heading to the shower. The fatty substance represented by vegetable oil will protect the skin and strengthen its hydrolipidic film. If you are more in the bath, do not hesitate to pour oil directly into the bath water!
- Then, use a shower gel or mild soap to wash your body! Ideally organic, without sulphates and too stripping foaming agents. To protect your skin, also set aside ultra-fragrant shower gels and coarse-grained scrubs.
- When you get out of the shower, dry your skin gently ! Don't rub the towel hard on your skin in hopes of relieving a pregnancy itch. Scratching the skin will only make it more fragile and could make the rashes worse.
- Finally, hydrate yourself with organic products for pregnant women ! Good hydration is the basis of healthy skin and a quality skin barrier. The longer this barrier remains intact, the better the skin is protected from external aggressions. It is also what keeps the skin from drying out.
Generous Soothing Oil relieves pregnancy itching
To nourish your skin and relieve pregnancy itching, Generous Soothing Anti-Stretch Mark Oil from Téane Laboratories is highly recommended! Its natural formulation is suitable for pregnant women, of course, and breastfeeding women. It is therefore perfect postpartum to continue taking care of yourself! The Generous Soothing Oil relieves feelings of tightness , nourishes the skin and improves the elasticity of the skin .
Its 100% natural composition contains vegetable oils (argan, jojoba, sunflower) and brown seaweed extract. Brown seaweed stimulates elastin synthesis, prevents collagen degradation and keeps skin supple. Easy to apply, pleasant smell, no greasy finish, ... It is perfect on its own or in addition to an anti-stretch mark cream to avoid stretch marks during pregnancy.
Cholestasis of pregnancy, quesaco?
Cholestasis gravidarum is a skin disease that pregnant women can experience. This skin disease is caused due to a severe liver disorder that results in poor bile flow. Instead of being eliminated by the liver, the bile salts will end up in the blood, this is where the itching appears.
In a case of cholestasis of pregnancy, itching begins on the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet. Other symptoms, such as jaundice (skin and whites of the eyes), nausea or loss of appetite may also occur. If this itching during pregnancy becomes unbearable, consult your gynecologist or dermatologist quickly.
Although this disease is not dangerous for the mother, it can be fatal for the fetus (stillborn, lung deformation, premature delivery, etc.). In the event of pregnancy cholestasis, the expectant mother is closely monitored and given treatment. Her delivery can also be triggered around 37 SA for the good of the baby. In the majority of cases, itching during pregnancy starts at the beginning of the third trimester and stops a few days after delivery!