White stretch marks are skin lesions characterized by linear streaks, visible on the surface of the skin, affecting more than one in two women. Stretch marks are painless, they are rather depreciated for their unsightly side. They generally occur during pregnancy, during adolescence, following rapid weight loss/gain.
In this article, we present to you the SOS Stretch Marks Balm to repair and reduce stretch marks, the 1st Care Stretch Mark Cream and the Generous Soothing Oil to prevent the appearance of new stretch marks.
What are white stretch marks?
Affecting both women and men, stretch marks are skin lesions that occur when the body undergoes a hormonal upheaval such as pregnancy or puberty. The brutal stretching of the skin linked to weight gain or loss are factors favoring the appearance of stretch marks. During pregnancy, stretch marks can appear on the stomach, chest, lower back, upper thighs or even on the buttocks.
What are the differences between white stretch marks and red stretch marks?
The evolution of stretch marks is marked by a different coloring over the stage of evolution. At first glance, stretch marks are characterized by a red/purple color. Then, the stretch marks will turn white and pearly. When they occur, stretch marks are taut and smooth and then take on a more wrinkled appearance.
colored stretch marks
Red or purple stretch marks are in the inflammatory phase. These are recent stretch marks. The good news is that you can act at this stage with specific treatments to repair and reduce stretch marks. On the other hand, you will have to be patient and be very diligent to get results. If we do not act on it, the stretch marks will not go away on their own and will turn white.
white stretch marks
Colored stretch marks will lighten over time. White stretch marks are called "mature". The streaks are hypo-pigmented, they look like scars. Indeed, the repair process is complete: they are in the scarring stage.
Treatments for white stretch marks
When the stretch marks are white (atrophic phase), it is very difficult to reduce them outside of aesthetic medicine solutions. A topical treatment, such as a cream or an oil, may therefore not have the desired result in reducing your stretch marks .
Treatments for white stretch marks can be very drastic, very expensive, or not safe. Consult a doctor or dermatologist to determine the best solution for you. There are several methods to eliminate white stretch marks such as laser, LED, chemical peeling, microdermabrasion or even dermabrasion. These different methods force the skin to regenerate, thus leading to the production of collagen and elastin.
Of course, these different treatments must be done after childbirth.
Solutions to reduce colored stretch marks
There are many solutions to speed up the healing process. The results can be very convincing but for that, it is necessary to act as soon as possible before it passes from a colored stretch mark to a white stretch mark. These tips apply equally well to pregnant women, or not, teenagers as well as to men.
- Use a targeted treatment to repair stretch marks . The certified organic SOS Stretch Marks Balm repairs and reduces stretch marks effectively and naturally. Applied morning and evening for at least two months, Baume SOS Stretch Marks visibly reduces the appearance of stretch marks. It contains patented extracts of Cassia Alata and Centella Asiatica. Associated in synergy, these plants repair the skin and participate in the healing of stretch marks. Composed of 98% ingredients of natural origin, this treatment is good for your skin and for your health. Even if you are currently pregnant or breastfeeding your baby, know that this treatment is compatible with pregnancy and breastfeeding. The Stretch Marks Repair Program contains the SOS Stretch Marks Balm and a Fresh Firming Milk to repair and firm the skin after pregnancy.
- Do massages . Massages activate microcirculation. To massage your body, you can do the "palpate roll" method, in a circular or bottom-up motion. Also massage your skin when you want to penetrate the active ingredients of your targeted treatment for stretch marks.
- Do not expose your stretch marks to the sun . Indeed, the stretch marks could discolor and turn brown. If you cannot prevent this exposure, apply sunscreen with a high factor or keep clothing on the affected areas.
- Drink plenty of water and eat a balanced diet . Bring essential fatty acids on your plate to have a beautiful skin quality.
- Make scrubs . Scrubs remove dead skin on the surface of the skin and help it to regenerate. It boosts blood circulation thanks to the associated gestures. The skin appears smoother and softer.
At the same time, continue applying an anti-stretch mark cream. Even after childbirth, hormonal changes can lead to the appearance of stretch marks.
Prevention or the best way to avoid stretch marks
We can never repeat it enough... prevention is better than cure to avoid white stretch marks!
- Prefer specific anti-stretch mark treatments for optimal effectiveness . The certified organic Stretch Marks 1st Care Cream , combined with the certified organic Soothing Generous Oil from Téane Laboratories, is the anti-stretch mark combo to prevent the appearance of stretch marks during pregnancy. These certified organic treatments contain innovative and patented plant extracts to protect your skin from the consequences caused by hormonal variations. The Generous Soothing Oil will also improve the elasticity of your skin thanks to its content of six organic vegetable oils. These two treatments can be used by a pregnant woman, a young mother, a teenager or a man.
- Pay attention to the composition of the products. Stretch mark products may contain essential oils or other ingredients that are best avoided during pregnancy. Prefer vegetable oils rather than mineral oils from petrochemicals. Bet on brands offering specific care for pregnancy and new mothers such as Laboratoires Téane.
- A virgin oil or moisturizer is not enough. They provide comfort but will not have an anti-stretch mark action that is effective enough to prevent stretch marks during pregnancy. Indeed, the body undergoes many hormonal upheavals thus reducing the quality and the good structure of the skin.
A woman's body undergoes many hormonal changes. A body that carries a child once or several times can leave traces. Be kind to your body and be patient. You have to know how to give the body time to recover from these nine months. Stretch marks are not necessarily perceived as unsightly, they tell a story: your pregnancy.